The turbine governor is the auxiliary control equipment of the turbine generator units. It is the key part to realize the adjustment of the hydro turbine.
Turbine governors generally have two functions: grid connection function and adjustment function,
- During the normal operation of the turbine, the staff will issue the operating state adjustment instructions to the turbine by computer, and then the grid-connected function of the turbine governor can automatically adjust the operating state of the turbine, according to the relevant instructions, which is beneficial to ensure the stable operation of the turbine.
- Its function is to adjust the running speed, water flow, power, etc. of the turbine. That is to say, during the operation of the turbine, the staff can use the adjustment function of the governor, to adjust the speed, power, water flow, etc. of the turbine to appropriate values according to their needs, so as to ensure the safety and stability of the turbine operation. And then provide guarantee for the safe and stable operation of hydropower stations.
Our digital electro-hydraulic governor designed upon advanced hydraulic technology and PLC control technology, to achieve the hydro turbine automatic regulation and control. The turbine governor are designed complete with hydraulic station and digital control panel, the control panel located on the top of the hydraulic station, convenient for commissioning and maintenance.
Our optimally aligned turbine governor packages include all equipment for an outstanding control performance of any kind of turbine:
- GYT type governor – single regulated, for Francis hydro turbine
- GYST type governor- double regulated, for Kaplan hydro turbine
- CJWT type governor- multiple control loops, for impulse hydro turbine
By using the best hardware and software available it offers the highest availability. Because of its modular and flexible design, the governor can be customized to satisfy the requirements of every type of turbine.
- Regulate the turbine speed, keep the speed around the rated speed, adjust the frequency of generator set, track the frequency of power supply network and control phase, to satisfies the primary frequency modulation of the power grid
- Fulfill the load command issued by the grid distribution, to satisfies the second frequency modulation of the power grid
- fulfill the unit control task such as unit start, unit stop, emergent stop.
- executive the regulated & control command from the SCADA system
Digital electro-hydraulic PLC governor have three regulation modes,
- frequency regulation mode: turbine unit no-load running or isolated power system operation
- load regulation mode: grid-connected operation
- opening regulation mode: grid-connected operation, or the power sensor fault